We recently did an article about Tove Lo performing at the iHeartRadio Music Fest in Las Vegas, but I’m here to tell you the five reasons she’s the ultimate #WCW.
1. She’s crazy talented. Seriously. This girl can sing.
2. She’s not afraid to be herself, and to stand up for what she believes in.
Tove Lo recently flashed her audience at a show– multiple shows. In fact, she’s been pretty consistent about it and she’s not afraid to be herself. In an interview at Bonnaroo she said, “I hate when someone tells me I can’t do something because I’m a girl, then I’ll do it twice as much… It really means something to people because I stand for something that I’m already standing for, that I take for granted, that everybody stands for. For me it’s weird if someone says they are not a feminist. How could you not be for equality? And I think anyone that wants to should be able to show their boobs.” You go, Tove Lo!
3. She’s absolutely smashing the festival scene right now. iHeartRadio Fest, Firefly, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza…the list goes on. Seriously. From our count, she’s done 23 since May! She’s one crazy busy lady, but we’re absolutely loving all the exposure she’s getting!
4. She writes her own songs, and is on a songwriting team with Swedish music producer Max Martin. Aside from writing on all of her own songs—like, literally all of them—she’s also the mastermind behind a lot of the hit songs sung by other people. In an interview with Rolling Stone last year, Tove Lo revealed that she’s the top-line writer on a team with Max Martin called Wolf Cousins. She’s co-written songs for Icona Pop, Girls Aloud, Lea Michele, and Cher Lloyd. She’s also one of the main writers behind Ellie Goulding’s massive hit, Love Me Like You Do, from the 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack!
5. She’s gorgeous. I think this one is pretty self-explanatory, but here’s a few of my favorite pictures of her, just in case you needed proof.
Writer, traveler, and lover of all things One Direction. Frequent concert attendee, paler than the average human, and quite possibly the first person who will die from loving Ashton Irwin so much. I enjoy panicking over small things, obsessing over Twin Peaks, and acting like a mom. You can usually find me being extremely sarcastic and sassy while simultaneously avoiding all responsibilities to focus solely on One Direction.