If you’re a fan of music you may or may not be obsessed with cover songs. Personally, I’m addicted, and I love watching other artists cover my favorite artists. Some of these covers are done by “YouTube artists” who may be trying to break out into the industry. I’ve compiled a (shortened, but still pretty long) list of my all time favorite covers, and I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do!
1. Strong – One Direction covered by Caity Krone
Caity is actually one of my really good friends! Her voice is stunning, and her cover of my favorite one direction song is beautiful.
2. Fast Car – Tracy Chapman covered by Boyce Avenue ft. Kina Grannis
3. Blank Space/Style by Taylor Swift mashed up and covered by Louisa Wendorff
4. Like I Can – Sam Smith covered by the Gardiner Sisters
5. On My Mind – Ellie Goulding covered by Mackenzie Johnson
I actually very recently came across Mackenzie’s channel and instantly was blown away at her phenomenal talent.
6. Rather Be – Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne covered by Alexa Goddard
7. Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan covered by Jack Walton
You may know Jack from being on the last season of the X Factor and being the first person signed to Louis Tomlinson’s label. He sang this song for the bootcamp stage of the show.
8. Stand By Me – Ben E. King covered by Imagine Dragons
9. No Scrubs – TLC covered by Bastille
10. Hold Back the River – James Bay covered by Ella Henderson