I’ll admit it, I’m not the best at making the healthiest choices, but I do like to enjoy a crisp salad from time to time. Salad takes little to no effort at all to make; it’s a quick and convenient meal. Some of us may even get in the routine of making our salads the same exact way everyday —I’m looking at you, Mom— and this can become quite tiresome.
After learning that May was National Salad Month, I headed to no man’s land (aka Pinterest) to round up some yummy salad recipes.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch ® Buffalo Dressing
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
This recipe seems insanely easy— a must try!
Chicken Salad with Avocado Dressing
I don’t get the obsession with avocados, but I’d actually be willing to try this salad.
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 corn, steamed, kernels cut off (or ¾ cup cooked kernels)
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 5 cups chopped lettuce
- 5-7 oz seasoned chicken breast
- avocado dressing
Note: these are the basic ingredients, click the link here to see the full ingredient list.
Spinach Berry Salad
- 10 ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (or other fresh berries)
- ¼ cup almond slivers or pecan pieces
- ¼ cup feta crumbles
- homemade dressing (recipe can be found here)
Antipasto Salad Kabobs
- (2) 7 oz containers fresh mozzarella balls
- (2) 4 oz. packages prosciutto
- ½ lb. genoa salami, sliced thin
- (1) 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers
- (1) 6 oz can of black olives, or use the fresh cured olives from the olive bar at your grocery store
- 1 bag of leaf lettuce, any kind you like
Who would’ve thought to put salad on a stick! That’s just nifty!
Don’t forget the fruit…
Berry Watermelon Fruit Salad
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
As the unique, individual humans that we are, there may be a few of you that may not think any of these salads look tasty. Now is the time for you to create your own salad with the help from the chart below. Thanks Hello Glow!
Putting together a salad is simple!
What does your favorite salad consist of? Comment below or tweet us!