It might stem from my days of long, boring commutes to Manhattan, or it might just be that I’m a few old newspapers away from being a total hoarder, but I keep a lot in my bag for day-to-day use. Some of it is practical, some of it is less so, some of it I just forgot to throw in the garbage… let’s take a look!
So that’s my bag, dumped on the floor. You can see a bit of chaos, the old movie tickets, several lip colors, and actual essentials. like my wallet and sunglasses (alternatively, I also carry an umbrella… so yea).
Here’s what I’ve got, starting at top right and going mostly clockwise:
- Portable charger – totally necessary if you sometimes forget to charge overnight, or use a lot of social media, or you need your cables with you all the time to plug your phone into the car and jam out to Little Mix
- Sunglasses – these are from BonLook and are actually prescription (because I’m an old lady but also super stylish)
- Wallet – from the now-defunct C. Wonder, it probably holds too much stuff. I could get away with just a credit card, my Sephora and Ulta member cards, a MetroCard, and some spare cash
- Umbrella – this teeny tiny one (I think it’s a Totes ‘brella) is perfect to stash in your bag, and I usually keep it inside a ziplock bag so that I can seal it up when it’s wet but I’m still on the move
- Agenda – I mentioned the Ban.do agendas a while ago and I’ve been using mine non-stop! it’s great for jotting down to-do lists and fun events and everything in between
- iPad – since I don’t pay for 3G on here anymore, I mostly use it to read books while I’m out and about
- Toiletry bag – this keeps me from losing things at the bottom of my big bag. I keep my hand lotion, nail file, various hair accessories, band aids, and tylenol in here. You never know when a blister or broken nail will strike!
- iPhone – obv.
- Nest perfume mini rollerball – I love throwing a rollerball in my bag, they’re so portable (and this one was a sample I received from my Sephora VIB points!)
- Lipsticks – so I’ve got a large selection here, I know… details to follow
- Paint swatches – these are from when I was planning my wedding… over a year ago… no I will not throw them away!
- Headphones – my blinged-out BaubleBar x Frends headphones are the greatest thing ever. I carry them everywhere, they’re totally ridiculous, and I can’t help but smile when I wear them!
- Pens – how else would I jot down all my plans for world domination?
This is my fall/winter lipstick stash. In addition to some tinted lip balms, I’ve got a variety of deep reds and purples, a liner that looks great with many shades of pink and purple, and a neutral pink—just in case!
From Left to Right:
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural – N9 Copper Pink
- Mary Kay Nourishine Lip Gloss – Pink Sateen
- Mirenesse Glossy Kiss – 2. Flirty Kiss
- Stila Long Wear Lip Color Creme – Daring (discontinued, sadly)
- Skone Cosmetics Luxe Doubler Eye/Lip Pencil – Wine
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment – Berry
- MAC Lipstick – Heavy Petting (I think? There’s no sticker anymore but it’s the perfect brown/red)
- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – Cruella
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment – Coral
- Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick – Love Test
Sometimes when I’m not paying attention, my cat Winston will drop a toy into my bag as well. He’s very thoughtful like that!