We’re never one to turn down a funky holiday and today is National Cook Something Bold Day! We asked our Trenders to send us their bold recipes and thought we’d share with you! Who knows, you might find something yummy in here. Now, time to bake and cook! It is almost the holidays after all.
Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake (made in 3 minutes!)
Yield: 1 Mug Cake
- 2 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp buttermilk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg (optional)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp (scant) salt
- 1 Recipe Cream Cheese Icing, recipe follows
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 Tbsp Cream Cheese or Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
Cream Cheese Icing
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until smooth.
Combine all ingredients (minus Cream Cheese Icing) in a mug then whisk together with a fork until combined and nearly smooth. Microwave mixture on high power for 1 minute then check cake for doneness. If it is not fully cooked, microwave for an additional 15 seconds. Serve warm topped with Cream Cheese Icing.
Strawberries with Sour Cream and Brown Sugar
1 pint of fresh strawberries
1.5 Cups of Sour Cream
1.5 Cups of Brown Sugar
Directions: Rinse strawberries and pat dry. Set aside. Put the sour cream and brown sugar in two separate bowls. Dip the strawberries first in the sour cream, then in the brown sugar.
*Note: amount of sour cream and brown sugar varies on amount of strawberries.
Wacky Chocolate Cake
4 ½ cups Flour
3 tsp baking soda
3 cups sugar
1 ½ tsp salt
⅔ cups or 9 tbsp cocoa powder
1 ⅛ cup oil
3 tbsp white vinegar
3 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 cups water
- Preheat Oven to 350 F/177 C
- sift together into mixing bowl: flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, cocoa powder
- make 3 holes in ingredients once blended. into 1st hole put oil, 2nd hold put vinegar, 3rd hole vanilla
- pour water overall. stir with spatula until well mixed
- bake for 1 hr 30 min. check at 1 hr 15 min
- let cool in pan before removing.
- top with powdered sugar and enjoy!
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 stick of butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 onions, finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups (6 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 cups warm seasoned mashed potatoes, store-bought or homemade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add salt to onions and sauté 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned; reserve ½ cup sautéed onions for topping. Add remaining onions, pepper, and cheese to mashed potatoes; mix well.
- Place noodles on bottom of prepared baking dish. Spread 1/3 of potato mixture over noodles. Repeat layers until a total of 4 layers of noodles and 3 layers of potato mixture have been placed (with a layer of noodles on top). Top with remaining sautéed onions.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Let stand for 5 minutes after removing from oven before serving. Enjoy!
- 1 can crush pineapple
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Betty Crockers Streusel boxed mix
- Preheat oven to 350
- butter the inside of a 9″ X 13″ cake pan.
- Add pineapple.
- Mix in cherry pie filling.
- Top it with Betty Crockers Cinnamon Streusel boxed mix.
- Do not MAKE the mix, literally just poor the package of powder over your mixed up fruit.
- Pat it down, make it all even. Pour 1/4 cup (a half of a stick) of melted butter over the powder.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mix included in the box over the butter.
- Feel free to add walnuts or pecans if you desire
- Stick in the oven for 30 minutes on 350 F
- And serve the most amazing dessert in the world. This is great hot, served over ice cream, topped with whip cream, and can even be eaten cold the next day!
“Fiesta Ranch Dip” (My family calls it “crack dip”)
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch Dip
- 10 ounce Rotel Original (drain excess liquid) — I use the hot Rotel because I like things spicy!
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl, chill in fridge for one hour. Serve with tortilla chips!
- spaghetti noodles
- chicken breast (your choice on how much)
- half an onion
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 ½ can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 block Velveeta cheese
- Cook spaghetti noodles and drain.
- Cook chicken breasts – grill or sautee in a pan – as much as you’d like, depends how much chicken you want. Once chicken is cooked, shred the chicken.
- Sauté half an onion with one stick of butter/margin.
- In a separate pot, tomato soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, and Velveeta cheese. Stir until the cheese is completely melted. Add sauteed onion.
- Once cheese is melted, add the shredded chicken and cooked spaghetti noodles and stir.